My job is to act as the central point of knowledge and control for business processes, communicating with the developers, subject matter experts and the business process owners to answer any queries that arise during the development and testing of an automated solution. In my role, I capture the detailed keystroke level mapping instructions of what the human workers perform when completing the process. I document business processes clearly and to the granular level of detail that is required for a SS&C Blue Prism automated solution.
- Main point of contact for any discussions on RPA process ideas and quantifying the potential benefits of an automation.
- Central point of knowledge and control for business processes.
- Run workshops within departments to find processes to automate
- Capture and document the level of detail required for the Automation Developer
- Lead the creation of process definition documents (PDD) with subject matter experts (SME)
- Work closely with SS&C Blue Prism developers so that they understand the process and assist with the creation of their solution design
- Communicate with developers, SMEs, and business process owners to answer any queries that arise during the development and testing of an automated solution
- Support, assess and validate the automated activities with a SME during any verification and user acceptance testing to determine if a solution has fulfilled the requirements
- Provide support to ensure that the operations team are happy with the scope defined in the necessary documents used to capture requirements, whilst ensuring the development team have the necessary detail to carry out the sufficient designs
- Not a heavy SS&C Blue Prism user but has basic product awareness and understanding of how core applications work
- Good knowledge of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Good experience in process mapping techniques (i.e. process flow maps, IDEF0 diagrams, UML diagrams)