The Professional Developer exam represents the highest level of certification for a Blue Prism® developer. The exam is aimed at already certified developers with a broad range of Blue Prism® knowledge, experience and skills.
- 50 multiple choice questions randomly selected from a pool
- All questions of equal weight
- 60 minute exam*
- Pass mark 70%
*Candidates from countries where English is not an official language may be awarded an extra 30 minutes. Please see the FAQs for further details.
- Advanced exception handling and work queues
- Advanced work queue configuration
- Development best practice
- Web services
- Browser automation
- Mainframe automation
- Java automation
- Interfacing with PDF documents
- Credentials Management and Login Agent
- Surface Automation
To prepare for the exam it is advised that the candidate read and fully understand the following courses from the Blue Prism University:
- Blue Prism® : Advanced Exception Handling
- Blue Prism® - Modern Browser Automation
- Blue Prism® : Advanced Work Queues
- Java Automation Guide
- Blue Prism® Business Object Design: Best Practices
- Mainframe Automation Guide
- Surface Automation of Terminal Emulators
- Using the Blue Prism® spy mode to spy Mainframes
Additionally, the candidate should read and fully understand the following guides and data sheets from the Blue Prism Portal under the Documents section.
- Data Sheet – Secure Windows Authentication
- User Guide – Web Services
- Data Sheet – Credential Manager
- User Guide – Login Agent
The following self-learning course is available to support the Surface Automation section of the exam:
Entry Requirements and Registration Procedure
To register for the Professional Developer exam, please go to the Blue Prism page at Pearson Vue.
A minimum period of six months must have elapsed since the candidate successfully passed the Developer (AD01) exam.
A minimum of one month must elapse between a failed exam and an exam resit.