Blue Prism Associate Developer
The Blue Prism® Associate Developer exam focuses on testing the essential skills and knowledge required to configure a simple Blue Prism® process automation solution.
- 50 questions randomly selected from a pool (single choice, multiple choice, drag & drop, fill in the blank)
- All questions of equal weight
- 50 minute exam*
- Pass mark 70%
*Candidates from countries where English is not an official language may be awarded an extra 30 minutes. Please see the FAQs for further details.
- Detailed understanding of Blue Prism® native functions and their correct application.
- Different datatypes and casting data of one type to another type using a calculation stage.
- Stepping in, stepping out, breakpoints, what happens when exceptions are thrown when stepping over or stepping out of subpages.
- Process flow through decision, choice stages and sub-pages.
- Correct use of action retrying from a process as per Blue Prism® standard template. (See Blue Prism® Process Templates eLearning).
- Knowledge of Blue Prism® process templates and their structure and flow.
- Application Modeller: correct use of attributes to ensure consistent identification of elements. Which attributes are best for helping make element attributes unique? And which are not? Causes of previously spied elements suddenly not being found. Use of dynamic attributes, correct setting in application modeller and how to set attribute parameters from Blue Prism® stages. Use of regular expressions to identify elements.
To prepare for the Associate Developer Certification exam you should successfully complete the Blue Prism® Foundation Training and associated consolidation exercise. It is essential that you review and understand the following learning objects which can be found on the Blue Prism® Learning Management System, within the ‘Blue Prism® Associate Developer Certification’ Learning Plan:
- Blue Prism® Basic Awareness
- Blue Prism® Foundation Training
- Blue Prism® Process Templates
- Blue Prism® Credentials and Credentials Manager
- Blue Prism® Advanced Data Items
- Blue Prism® Advanced Attribute Matching
When taking the exam please bear in mind that any spelling mistakes or syntax errors within the questions are deliberate.
Entry Requirements and Registration Procedure
To register for the Associate Developer exam, please go to the Blue Prism page at Pearson Vue.
A minimum of one month must elapse between a failed exam and an exam resit.